Soak sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dry packed sun-dried tomatoes, soaked, then minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 8 oz. water
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Collard greens, washed** (see note)
- Avocados, quartered lengthwise, pit removed, skins removed, and thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, small diced
- Onion, minced
- Jalapeños, sliced (optional)
- In a food processor, add walnuts, garlic, and spices. Pulse until walnuts have broken down into small pieces, careful not to over process.
- Add tamari and lemon juice, and soaked sun-dried tomatoes. Pulse until combined.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add cashews* and all other ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until the nuts are completely broken down, about 2 minutes.
- Wash collard green leaves cut off the large stems at the base. Carefully use a knife to thinly shave the stem at the base.
- Layer taco meat on top of collard, add avocados, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, if using, and cashew queso.
- Give each taco a squeeze of lime juice.
*If you do not have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, be sure to either boil the cashews for about 10 minutes and drain, or soak cashews for at least 6-8 hours, preferably over night.