Easy to assemble, this salad will not only be a delectable accompaniment to your holiday meal; it will also serve as a perfect floral centerpiece!
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (fronds may be saved for salad garnish)
- 2 small Asian pears, or 1 large pear, sliced length-wise
- 1/2 cup herbed vegan goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate
- 6 fronds of dill, stemmed
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin, halved
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut nectar (can also use maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- For the dressing: Gently whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Season to taste, and add extra sweetener, vinegar or lemon juice as needed.
- Arrange the arugula, on a medium sized platter or large flat bottomed bowl. Add the fennel, red onion, and pears. Sprinkle with pecans, pumpkin seeds, and arils.
- Top salad with dill fronds.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with ginger dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!