For as long as I can remember Summer meant splashing around at the lake, drinking lemonade, and eating my weight in watermelon. So when a friend of mine told me about a watermelon soup with jalapeno she had somewhere down in Florida, I immediately went to work! After making at least a half-dozen recipes, I finally figured it out! Both are a fruit, and the savory tomato combined with the sweet watermelon makes for a great pairing! This magical soup is not only a favorite of mine, but it’s also a favorite for everyone who tries it! So, my friends…here you go!
Easy and Delicious Summer Soup
- 6–7 cups of diced watermelon
- 1 red onion roughly chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp for garnish, reserve 1/4 cup, and dice if you prefer a textured soup)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp for garnish, reserve 1/4 c, and dice if you prefer a textured soup)
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp for garnish)
- 4 Roma tomatoes cored, roughly chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp for garnish, reserve 1/4 c and dice if you prefer a textured soup)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar + 2 Tbsps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped (can sub 2 Tbsp dry basil)
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill weed (garnish)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a blender add 1/2 watermelon first and then layer with tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell pepper. Add cider vinegar, olive oil, and pulse. Add the onion, cucumber, remaining watermelon, and basil, puree until smooth. Salt and Pepper to taste! Chill for 1 hour and serve.
Garnish with reserved onion, bell pepper, cucumber, jalapenos, and fresh dill.
*Add Watermelon to Blender first. This will make it really easy to blend.
Keywords: Vegan Soup, Watermelon, Gazpacho, Summer Soups